Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Sing the Body Eclectic... Part One

When it comes to old-timey stuff, I tend to be eclectic. There are so many fantastic styles of clothing, decor, music, cars, housewares, etc. that I've never been able to settle on one particular era as my favorite... and I don't think that's such a bad thing. After all, didn't someone say that "variety is the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavor?"

I thought that, every so often, I'd highlight my eclecticism in a particular area of vintage. This "Part One" post is about music. While I actually enjoy songs and artists from just about every era/genre, here are some of my favorites, and this is just a drop in my musical bucket....

The Boswell Sisters



Astrid Gilberto & Stan Getz



Benny Goodman Orchestra



The Ventures



Les Baxter



Al Bowlly



Collins Kids



Booker T and the MGs



Bert Kaempfert



Three Dog Night



Jimmie Lunceford



France Gall



Arlo Guthrie



John Lee Hooker



Eddie Cochran



Well, you get the idea...

Now, what about you?
Do you prefer a particular era or genre of music or do you sing the body eclectic?



6 comments:

Adri said...

Well Miss Cherry Bubbles! Your taste in music is swell :D

Not to pour salt on a wound, but listening through this collection reminded me very much of the sounds at Tiki Oasis... bands of all flavors (blues, exotica, surf, loungey etc..) all share the weekend and makes the rum drinking more fun.

One of these days we'll share a refreshing cocktail and listen to this music together!

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Adri - Here's to raising a glass together in person someday! :D

Gabriella said...

I'm with you on the eclecticism.

My vintage focus is from the '40s to the mid '60s, but I have to admit that there are a few later things that have found their way into my collection of old junk: a few 70s clothing pieces a few 80s patterns.

There is too much good stuff out there for me to narrow my focus to one style of music or one era of vintage collecting. I've always been more of a thrift shopper than a vintage store shopper and I'm unable to resist pretty, shiny, or unusual old stuff! If it's good, it's good.

That goes for music too. This is a great set of tunes! I love it all!

Andi B. Goode said...

Great choices.=D I'm definitely an eclectic. There are definitely things I have no interest in listening to but my music collection spans the 20s-present day.
-Andi x

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Thanks Gabriella & Andi B. :) Oh, and I agree that "if it's good, it's good." Finding what we enjoy most no matter the era or genre makes life much more fun!

SusieQT said...

You're talkin my language! We share a bunch of faves, and I'd probably go back even further into Classical music. Starting with Stravinsky and Strauss and going back to Palestrina. (Is that vintage or what? LOL)