Friday, August 20, 2010

Heartin' for Tartan...

and you thought I was going to say "mad for plaid."


1915 photo of my great aunt Ruth at about age 3 in full Scottish regalia.


I'm not sure why, exactly, but there's always been a place in my heart for plaid, or if we prefer to be proper, tartan. Maybe my Scottish roots are showing... or perhaps it's related to my love of autumn, when the crisp air says, "colorful wool skirt or jacket." Maybe it's a little of both. ;) Whatever the reason, I thought I'd share some kicky plaid items I happened upon while window shopping on Etsy...

A swell plaid umbrella from ReKindled Cottage...


A fun plaid picnic jug from OraGraceVintage...


The ever-popular Pendleton 49er in red & grey plaid from TopsyDesign...


Nifty plaid & black wedge shoes from AvantGarb...


Perky plaid kerchief from VintageDove...


A neat plaid overnight case from CircleCreekHome (and I might add, plaid inside and out)...



Pretty plaid 30s dress from SnootieSeconds...



And last, but not least...

A plaid book all about the clans and tartans of Scotland from Junquete...


I don't know about you, but now I'm feelin' plaid all over.


5 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Oh WoW girlie, you're getting geared up for Fall ! I love plaid, and that little cooler is great! The Pendletons always remind me of my Grandma, Mom and Aunt Betty! Thanks for puttin' on the Plaid Rags! I mean glad rags! Zootsuitmama

Una said...

I've had lately a strange craving for plaids too... It must be the autumn.

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Zootsuitmama ~ "Plaid rags" - good one! ;) And isn't that cooler just too fun?

Una ~ Autumn is definitely a major influence for me. ;)

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

Aww, what a FAB picture!

And I'm *totally* with you on the plaid love, sister! (Heh heh-add "Plaid Love" to the pun list!)

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Thanks, Kim - "Plaid Love"... now I'm picturing bald Peter Lorre wearing a kilt - lol.