Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cure for the "January Thaw"

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy warm weather and rainy days... in their proper season.

Being a winter baby, born in February, I love snow! Seeing bare brown ground outside my window the past several days has made me feel blue. But just a little while ago, I was looking through old family photos and came across something that turned my frown upside down.

Isn't this just the cutest winter time photo?


This is my Grandma Jane and my mom, probably early in 1945. I believe my grandfather was still in Germany at that point. He was a Staff Sergeant in the army during WWII. This photo was likely one that she sent to him while he was away... a memento of home and a reminder of who was waiting for him there.

Grandma Jane and Mom look as if they had fun that day on the sled in the snow on my great-grandfather's farm...

C'mon now, admit it - you smiled too, didn't you ;)


3 comments:

InkyW said...

okay, i hate snow and could never live in it, but that is an adorable picture - especially since it's your mom and grandma!!

Emily said...

So cute!!! I just love vintage photos!!! Your grandma and mom look so happy.

KatB said...

You bet I smiled, too. :)