...let alone win an award for one! *(A Nicole Kidman quote, sort of paraphrased.)
Oh my stars! I've received my first award as a vintage-y blogger! Thank you, Thank you to the lovely Miss Dee, who has bestowed upon me, the Stylish Blogger Award! Miss Dee writes "Of Pearls and Petticoats," a delightful blog that you ought to visit, if you haven't already. Go ahead, click the link, I'll wait here until you're done...
Now, as I understand the rules for accepting this award, I must share seven facts about myself and I must pass this award on to seven other bloggers that I enjoy reading...
So, here are the facts (just the facts, ma'am)...
1. I love a mystery. No, really, I do. Anything unsolved or unanswered piques my interest. I blame Nancy Drew for starting the whole thing and David Lynch for egging me on.
2. I was a Girl Scout... and, in a pinch, I could still make a Buddy Burner out of a big coffee can. Yep, that's me in the middle, with the Elvis sneer and cupcake icing on my face. Hmm, I'm pretty sure we didn't use a Buddy Burner to make those cupcakes.
3. Up until 2006, my mister and I visited Vermont every year (sometimes twice a year). In fact, we "eloped" there on February 18, 2005. I'd love to live in Vermont someday.
4. I have a master's degree in Library Science and did my internship in a large historical society library. My project was to organize and catalog a manuscripts collection from an early 1900s girls' camp in Maine. I think completing that project was the most fun work I've ever done.
5. Oh, wow, I'm only up to five facts... well, let's see... I have the same middle name as my mother and grandmother! It's like having a family heirloom that you can never lose, break, or have taken from you.
4. The first time I ever dyed my hair, I was 31 years old... and I dyed it black. My mister loved the new color, but it didn't go over so well with my Grandma Jane. She was much happier when, several years later, I decided to go blonde (perhaps I was subliminally influenced by my two blonde friends in the photo below?).
7. As a wee tot, I had a pet bunny called "Mitzi." I'm not so sure Mitzi was enjoying herself in this photo, but I look pleased as punch wif my widdle bunny baby.
And now... it was tough (I mean, tough!) to choose seven from amongst the so many wonderful blogs I follow, but, my choices for the Stylish Blogger Award are:
For The Love of Pete
Practice In Time
Sassy Lassie's Vintage Life
Do drop in on these terrific blogs - there's always a post worth reading!
Say, while I'm expressing my appreciation today, I'd also like to Thank all of you for jumping in the jitney and riding along with me here! And since I've now passed the 100-followers mark, keep your eye out for a GIVEAWAY in the coming weeks!