Thursday, October 28, 2010

She Was a Creature of the Night...

and she was waiting for her Count to awaken from his sunlight sleep...


In honor of Hallowe'en, I thought I'd share one of my favorite vintage photos, purchased years ago when my collection was meager. I love how the photo portraits of the 1920s and 1930s evoke so much "atmosphere." This one, in particular, has always fascinated me - from the amazing velvet gown that looks like midnight on a moonless night to the wall sconces that almost appear to be dripping and the mist outside the door with the swirling scrollwork. Is it any wonder that I hear Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake whenever I look at this photo?

Okay, who's up for watching Dracula (the 1931 version, that is) now? ;)

Wishing you all a haunting Hallowe'en and a spirited Samhain!


No comments: